Londonderry Township is one of only two townships in Chester County that does not have a township property tax. Like all townships in the Octorara Area School District, Londonderry Township residents DO pay an EIT.
Londonderry Township's EIT is 1.25%:
- 0.5% goes to the school district
- 0.5% goes to the township
- 0.25% goes to open space preservation
Who Is Required to File?
All residents of Londonderry Township are required to file. This includes:
- Anyone over 16 years old and working
- Retired persons who have earned income
EIT is paid on Earned Income ony. There is no tax on interest and dividends, or on investment/retirement income. You must file a return regardless of earning amount.
Tax Credit Possible
- If you work in another state or in Philadelphia and pay an EIT, you must submit that state's completed tax form and W-2 along with your completed Lancaster County Tax Collection Bureau (LCTCB) form.
- No credit is issued if you work in Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Indiana, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- If you work in a city that automatically takes a local tax out of your wages you must still file your LCTCB tax form and submit a copy of your W-2. LCTCB will obtain that money and apply it to your Londonderry EIT obligation.
Please file and pay your EIT to avoid penalties and interest. If you have not received an earned income tax form from Lancaster County Tax Collection Bureau, you may pick up a form at the Londonderry Township builing Monday-Thursday between the hours of 10 am and 1 pm. Please direct any specific questions you may have regarding your EIT obligation to LCTCB (tel. 717/569-4521).
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR RESIDENTS OF LANCASTER COUNTY and the OCTORARA AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT including the MUNICIPALITIES LOCATED in CHESTER COUNTY